After struggling with the poor service offered by Dropbox on elementary OS (my favorite Linux distribution) I decided to build my own Dropbox indicator. It has features likes search, recent activity, dropbox status. It is built in Vala and it uses the elementary-sdk. The source code is available on Github for free and anyone is welcome to contribute.
- ✔️ See Dropbox current status
- 🔎️ Search for files
- 🗃️ Recent Activity (see most recent files)
- 🌍️ Shortcut to Dropbox’s website
- 📂️ Shortcut to your Dropbox folder
- ⚠️ The Official Dropbox CLI. You can download it here https://www.dropbox.com/install-linux .
- ⚠️ Your Dropbox setup must be working, that is, you must be signed in with your dropbox account.
- 📦️ Download .deb package and run
sudo dpkg -i com.github.rbribeiro.wingpanel-indicator-dropbox_0.1_amd64.deb
- ⚙️ Compile from source:
meson build --prefix=/usr
sudo ninja install
- 📦️ From package:
sudo dpkg -r com.github.rbribeiro.wingpanel-indicator-dropbox
- ⚙️ From source: On the build directory
sudo ninja uninstall